Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

New Product From Pettersson Elektronik - The M500

A new bioacoustic microphone, from Pettersson Elektronik - It's The M500 USB Ultrasonic Microphone. It's competitively priced, and has some excellent specifications:
  • A 500 kHz sample rate
  • 16 bits ADC resolution
  • High-quality microphone with optional directional horn
  • An advanced anti-aliasing filter
I find each of these major specifications very exciting!
  
The expected delivery of The BAT miniMIC test unit should be sometime next week. Now that I've been testing the new Pettersson M500, I'm looking forward to The BAT miniMIC more than ever! 

This M500 USB Ultrasonic Microphone, with it's 500 kHz sample rate, produces some of the loveliest spectrograms I've ever seen! I will be sure to include several in my review...

Happy bat detecting!

2 comments:

  1. thank for idea New Product From Pettersson Elektronik - The M500,is the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your Comment. I happen to really like the M500. I have tested it quite a bit, and I like the convenience. Especially when you get comfortable using it (which doesn't take long!).

    ReplyDelete