Friday, March 18, 2022

The Batlogger M2 From Elekon!

I'm very happy to report, that the Batlogger M2 from Elekon, has recently arrived for review! 

It was accompanied by their new Batlogger S2, static/unattended bat recorder as well. The S2 will also be given a test and review...

However, my local weather here in New York has started to cooperate —And has become more conducive to bat activity in the past 2 days. I immediately took this opportunity to test The Batlogger M2.

I set it up on a windowsill (indoors, of course) and selected the 'Passive Mode' recording option - I had already become familiar with the User Manual, so it was very easy to navigate around it's menus.

The good news, is: When I came back to check on it a short time later, I went through the small list of recordings, and saw that it recorded a bat! 

The additional good news is: This new Batlogger M2 is not only an excellent performing, Pro-level bat detector...But it is a joy to use, and absolutely lovely as well! 

Wow! It is packed with wonderful features and abilities - I look forward to providing detailed reviews of it. Both on The BatAbility Club, and here on the blog.

For now, you can have a look at it (and some of it's features) on The Elekon website.


 


As always - Happy bat detecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Next Book To Be Reviewed: ‘Sound Identification Of Terrestrial Mammals Of Britain & Ireland’

The Spring of 2024 is here, and it’s associated weather is fast approaching. I’m sorry to report that there really aren’t any new bat detect...