Monday, January 3, 2022

An Early Look At Something Coming Up Next - The Chorus from Titley Scientific

Well, this is a bit premature... But, in any case:

The brand new Chorus made by Titley Scientific has arrived, for testing and review. As with their other static recorders: It's very easy to set-up/deploy.

I couldn't help but to read the Quick Start Guide, and The User Manual; and subsequently, to do a short test deployment. To my surprise, it recorded a bat.

I was very surprised, since it was December (the 26th, to be exact). And the evening temperatures were right around 40 degrees F (for the most part).

As per the latest version of Kaleidoscope software, and manual IDing by yours truly - It was, in fact a Big Brown Bat (Eptesicus fuscus). The only question I have, is: Is it suffering from WNS? Or did it just wake-up for a drink of water? (at the nearby trout stream). For now, I can only speculate...

This new static unit from Titley works really well - and I've found zero negatives about it (except the slightly higher price).
I find no faults in it's design at all: Batteries and SD card are installed & removed effortlessly. 
I like the way it's ultrasonic microphone simply records bats (and not any other non-bat/non-animal sounds). Very neat so far!

So, as for The Chorus - I like it a lot so far! I look forward to posting Part 1 of the review soon...


Happy New Year & Happy bat detecting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for The Next Bat Detector for Review! To be Featured on Live Webinar @ The BatAbility Club!

Seeking the next bat detector (or wildlife sound recording device) To be featured on Live Webinar/Presentation for The BatAbility Club , to ...