Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Heterodyne Sonograms from The Pettersson D240X

I've been experimenting with The Pettersson D240X for a few nights now; and I'm really impressed with the way it works. I happen to have a nice sonogram to share, produced from the Heterodyne section of the detector. At this time, I would say it's a Big Brown Bat (Eptesicus fuscus).

And again, since there is no easy way to get just sound files on blogger, I've gone ahead and made a video of the laptop screen - As it's playing the file. The digital camera's microphones do not do the original recording any justice: The actual recording sounds so "clean" and clear, like music. As I've mentioned before, the D240X is by far, the best sounding heterodyne detector I've ever heard.

The recorder used, was a Zoom H1. By the way, if you happen to be trying to decide between buying a Zoom H2 or H1...Go for the Zoom H2! You won't be disappointed. I regret having sold mine...

Here is the Sonogram, produced by Batscan 9:



Here is the Sonogram, produced by Raven Lite:




 And here is a video, of the (amplified) recording being played (in Audacity):


 Happy bat detecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for The Next Bat Detector for Review! To be Featured on Live Webinar @ The BatAbility Club!

Seeking the next bat detector (or wildlife sound recording device) To be featured on Live Webinar/Presentation for The BatAbility Club , to ...