Saturday, March 23, 2024

The Next Book To Be Reviewed: ‘Sound Identification Of Terrestrial Mammals Of Britain & Ireland’

The Spring of 2024 is here, and it’s associated weather is fast approaching.

I’m sorry to report that there really aren’t any new bat detectors, to test & review for the BatAbility Club (followed by a detailed /written review here on the blog).

The upcoming live webinar/presentation, for BatAbility Club Members on April 8th will basically be everything you’ve always wanted to know about examining pond water with a microscope! It will very likely cover several related topics as well.

The next book to be reviewed here is: Sound Identification Of Terrestrial Mammals Of Britain & Ireland’ by 

Neil Middleton 

Stuart Nelson

Huma Pearce 


What do you do when you first pick up a book? 

The majority of you, will open it up to the table of contents - so far, so good, nothing strange there. 

I’ll tell you what I do. I go to the table of contents, scan through and pick out whichever chapters appeal to me most…
I make a mental note of the page numbers, and check out each of them in order. 
When I picked up this book, I made a mental note of page 13, and page 295. 

Survey Equipment & Field Techniques   Page 13

Insectivores - Hedgehogs, Moles & Shrews   Page 295

And those chapters did not disappoint!


Why those chapters? Easy: I love Tech, gadgets, and field recording techniques!
And, I’m very keen on Moles and Shrews!

Until next time,

Happy bat detecting Mammal recording!

P.S. If you are manufacturer of microphones + parabolic dishes, and would like to have your equipment reviewed (in June/July) - Contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for The Next Bat Detector for Review! To be Featured on Live Webinar @ The BatAbility Club!

Seeking the next bat detector (or wildlife sound recording device) To be featured on Live Webinar/Presentation for The BatAbility Club , to ...