Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The New SM3BAT From Wildlife Acoustics Has Arrived!

I'm very happy to announce, that the new Song Meter SM3BAT from Wildlife Acoustics has arrived! I even had the opportunity to deploy it last night. 

If I were to sum up initial impressions, in one word: Impressive!

Part 1 of my SM3BAT Review will be posted soon - However, since it is getting a bit lengthy... I've decided to share a couple of initial photos here:

The SM3BAT arrives double-boxed, and well-protected!
(as if it even needed it!)
The interior box
This is what the top section of box contains
(locking Microphone cable and spiral-bound User Guide)
 
Much more to follow!

Happy bat detecting!

2 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    I am Faiz from Cave Management Group and we are looking for a bat detector to be used for monitoring bats specialized in caves. Any recommendation on model for bat detector? You can reach me through faiz@cave-management.com. Highly hope for your respond.

    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I will respond to you directly. But, for now - Honestly the system that comes to mind IS the new SM3BAT. It is built to withstand extreme environments. It would do well in a cave.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete