Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

A Long Overdue Status Update...Plus "This & That""

I'm sorry that there haven't been many posts here lately - The good news, is that I expect to start posting more frequently again soon.
I'd like to thank those of you who have e-mailed me directly, to ask how I've been, etc.
I appreciate it!
I'll be replying back to each of you, directly; in the very near future... For now, here's an update:

Well, to make a long story short - The factory that manufactures the medication that helps control my chronic pain, closed down, to make improvements: Both to the medication itself, and to their production systems. The entire USA was affected by this. My Doctor(s) have been doing their best, to prescribe me with substitutes - None of which work as well as my usual medication. As a result, I've been having to cope with unusually high pain levels (24/7). Which, in turn made me unable to post to the blog as much as I would've liked to.

The factory has re-opened, but there will still be delays, in me getting my prescription filled; etc., etc. But, I'm looking forward to getting back to my previous level of day-to-day functioning. And, back to more frequent posts.

"This And That" ---

In the meantime, I've been continuing to test bat detectors whenever I can. The two units that have seen the most testing; have been the new EM3 from Wildlife Acoustics and The Griffin from BatBox Ltd. The new EM3 is the detector that is (still) officially on "The Test Bench"... I plan to post some of the resulting sonograms; from these early season bats.

My next post, will compare data from 4 bat detectors, and how they perform when attempting to detect the ultrasonic (or, more accurately: near ultrasonic) songs of Orthoptera (singing insects).


Happy bat detecting!
And, best regards,
-Al

No comments:

Post a Comment